Home Inspection Services
You need a home inspector. When you hire a home inspector, you are hiring an experienced professional who has training and experience in the building industry. It is the job of the home inspector to not only evaluate the condition of the house's major systems and structural integrity, but also to evaluate how these systems are working together and identify areas that need to be watched, repaired or replaced.
Your home inspector gives you the Big Picture analysis of the house you are purchasing. If the home inspector identifies the need for a costly, detailed analysis of any of the houses' systems or structures, the inspector will recommend the appropriate professional, which may be an experienced engineer with expertise analyzing that particular system or structure. The need for this kind of expensive, detailed analysis is rare.
Hiring a Professional Engineer on your own can be a disappointing experience. The term Professional Engineer does not mean that the individual has training or experience conducting home inspections. Additionally, a home inspection does not involve engineering analysis. Therefore, hiring a Professional Engineer to complete a home inspection undoubtedly costs more, but it may not give you the results you desire and deserve.
My home inspection service is a visual inspection of the structural elements and systems which are accessible. This typically includes:
- Roof, vents, flashings, and trim
- Gutters and downspouts
- Skylights, chimney, and other roof penetrations
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, driveways, fences, walls, and railings
- Eaves, soffits, and facia
- Grading and drainage
- Foundation, slab-on-grade or crawl space
- Water penetration and foundation movement
- Heating and cooling systems
- Main water shut off valves and water pressure
- Water heating system
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets
- Interior walls, ceilings, and floors
- Electrical outlets, switches, service line, and meter box
- Main electrical disconnect and service amperage
- Electrical panels, breakers and/or fuses
- Grounding and bonding
- GFCI's and AFCI's
- Fireplace, damper, door, and hearth
- Insulation and ventilation
- Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers
- Doors and windows
- Built-in dishwashers, microwaves, ranges, and ovens
- Pools and spa's
I strongly encourage you to accompany me during the inspection so that you may ask questions and gain a better understanding of the systems in the home.
If you have any questions, or are interested in any other services, please contact me so I may discuss your needs.
Pricing for basic Inspection Services (Single Family Homes):
A Trip Charge of $25.00 per 30 minutes of travel time will be added to
Inspections requiring more than 30 minutes of travel time from Zip Code 91752 .
|Square Footage of the Living Space||Total Price|
|Up to 1499 sq. ft.||$235|
|1500 to 1999 sq. ft.||$250|
|2000 to 2499 sq. ft.||$275|
|2500 to 2999 sq. ft.||$300|
|3000 to 3499 sq. ft.||$350|
|3500 to 3999 sq. ft.||$400|
|Over 4000 sq. ft.||Please call for quote.|
The following is a partial list of additional services offered. Please contact me if the service you need is not listed.Additional Services :
|Commercial buildings and Multi-Unit Apartments||Please call for quote.|
Condo w HOA
|Same as Single Family|
Same as Single Family
|Re-Inspection fee per hour (Minimum 2 hours)||$50 per hour|
This is not a complete list of the services I can provide. Please contact me if the service you need is not listed.